Automated Valuation Models (AVM)
AVM, or Automated Valuation Model, is a residential valuation report that can be obtained in a matter of seconds. Most AVMs provide an estimate of value for specific properties by using comparable sales, price trends, tax assessments and property characteristics.
- An indicative market value for many residential properties nationwide
- The tax assessor’s indication of value, if available
- Information on the subject property and recent sales history
- Comparable sales analysis of similar properties
Available AVM Products:
This report returns a valuation, value range, market comparable and analysis along with a map of the property and comparables. A unique feature of this report is the option to enter an estimated value for the property, with the system returning the probability of attaining the estimated value entered.
This low-cost report leverages the same valuation model and nationwide coverage to instantly return a valuation and confidence score. This basic approach provides an economic way to access a valuation benchmark.
Combines four industry-leading AVMs, developed and maintained by CoreLogic.
GeoAVM Core Plus
Incorporates Home Value Explorer (HVE) from Freddie Mac with four AVMs from CoreLogic.
A fourth-generation AVM that uses appraisal emulation, location, conformal mapping, repeat sales indices, heuristic and patented neural-net technology to yield superior accuracy.
CoreLogic’s PASS is paired with the largest online property and ownership database in the nation. PASS® uses a hedonic-based model to calculate comparisons with appraisal logic, price-time indexing and various statistical methods to arrive at an accurate and reliable property valuation. PASS coverage includes more than 2,900 counties and nationwide coverage extends to more than 97% of all U.S. transactions.
Home Price Analyzer
CoreLogic’s HPA (Home Price Analyzer) is a hybrid AVM that searches from more than 200 million historical residential sales records using three independent methods: hedonic, location-based and index-based. Data options include an alert identifying properties that have sold more than once in the past two years, and those with an unusually high level of appreciation.
A hybrid AVM that combines the logic behind PASS and HPA to deliver the best of both–high fulfillment rate and accuracy.
Freddie Mac: Home Value Explorer
This tool generates an estimate of property value in seconds, encompassing several models rolled into a single product for one low cost. Using Freddie Mac’s unique algorithm, HVE provides extensive coverage and simplifies the mortgage process by streamlining the collateral valuation cycle.
AVM Report Sample
- Significantly reduces the time to obtain an estimate of value
- Reduces the costs associated with traditional property appraisal process
AVM Cascade Report Sample
- Organizes AVMs in a cascade arrangement
- Examines potential factors that may include geography, property type, price tier and other variables to reduce the time and money spent comparing properties with a traditional valuation process
- Complies with Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines